Sunday, September 29, 2019

Review: The Write Escape

The Write Escape by Charish Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Charish Reid's "The Write Escape" was a witty and charming story featuring likeable, sympathetic characters and a lovely setting in Ireland. I have wanted to visit Ireland for a long time, but reading this book with its descriptions of the country's beautiful scenery and welcoming residents made me even more anxious to start planning my visit!

The book's main characters, Antonia and Aiden, were well-developed and likeable, and I found myself chuckling at their banter as they got to know each other. They both seemed a little lost in the beginning, but as the story progressed, each seemed to become more confident about their life choices and find their way towards a better, happier future. Aiden and Antonia seemed to bring out the best in each other, and I really enjoyed watching their story play out.

I am not generally a fan of "insta-love" plots, and given the short timeframe over which this story unfolded, I was afraid that the romance would turn into exactly that. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Aiden and Antonia's relationship development felt very natural and organic, not rushed, and when they exchanged "I love yous," I believed in the feelings behind the words. There was clearly an attraction between these characters from the beginning, but it seemed to be as much an intellectual attraction as a physical one, which I appreciated.

Overall, "The Write Escape" was an enjoyable read, and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

*ARC provided by the author via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)