Saturday, November 9, 2019

Review: Get a Life, Chloe Brown

Get a Life, Chloe Brown Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Talia Hibbert's "Get a Life, Chloe Brown" was absolutely delightful, and I adored it. For a book that deals with such serious subjects as chronic illness and abusive relationships, I found it to be remarkably light, upbeat, and funny. It is a very compelling read, and it was difficult for me to put it down.

My favorite part of this book was the banter between main characters Chloe and Red. At times, they bickered like an old married couple, which was super cute and very amusing. I really enjoyed their texting and the hilarious email exchange in the middle of the book as well.

Chloe and Red were both wonderful lead characters. Chloe was smart, strong, and independent even in the face of adversity. I loved that she recognized the importance of self-care and did whatever was necessary for her to feel better, even if it wasn't always exactly what her doctors or others thought she should be doing. Red, who was such a sweet, caring, and genuinely nice guy, was a great match for Chloe, and it makes me sad to think of someone like his ex-girlfriend Pippa treating him so awfully. I really appreciated that he admitted he needed help and sought counseling to deal with the baggage from his past relationship so that he would have a strong foundation on which to build his new relationship with Chloe.

The book's secondary characters were also a lot of fun, especially Chloe's sisters Dani and Eve. I look forward to reading their stories as soon as they are released!

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)