Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Review: "Flirting with Forever" by Jennifer Bernard

Flirting with Forever Flirting with Forever by Jennifer Bernard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jennifer Bernard's "Flirting with Forever" was a funny, sweet opposites attract romance between free spirit Chrissie Yates and strict, regimented neurosurgeon Ian Finnegan. Their immediate chemistry only grew stronger thanks to the adorable "flirting lessons" Chrissie gave Ian in an effort to help him gain confidence in social situations. Neither of them wanted to act on the attraction because Chrissie wasn't planning to stay in Lost Harbor for very long, plus Ian believed that he'd already found his perfect match with the help of a professional matchmaker. However, the not-so-perfect Chrissie turned out to be exactly the right match for Ian, and it was very easy for me to cheer them on to their HEA.

The book's secondary characters were a tremendous amount of fun, especially Ian's nephew, Bo. I loved the way he teased Ian and brought out his uncle's subtle sense of humor. I also enjoyed Chrissie's best friend Toni, the fiercely independent bartender of the Olde Salt Saloon. Toni has made appearances in several books now and I am very much looking forward to her getting a story of her own.

Overall, I loved "Flirting with Forever" and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance fans. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)