Saturday, August 14, 2021

Review: "Winning With Him" by Lauren Blakely

Winning With Him Winning With Him by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Winning with Him" by Lauren Blakely, book #2 of the Men of Summer series, continues the story of professional baseball players Grant Blackwood and Declan Steele. It is not a standalone and should be read after book #1, "Scoring with Him." It picks up immediately after that book's cliffhanger ending, but there are time jumps of up to several months at a time as the story progresses.

Grant and Declan were not together and had only minimal contact throughout the first part of the book, but it was easy to see how much they still cared about each other. They eventually did get back in touch, but it was several years before they rekindled their romantic relationship. I hated that they had to be apart for so long, but the truth is that they needed space to grow as individuals before they could grow as a couple. When they did get back together, I loved how cute and playful they were while doing silly things like picking out "their" song. (Despite Declan's protests, the Jonas Brothers one seemed like a perfect choice to me!)

I can't wait to find out how Declan and Grant's story wraps up in book #3, "All in with Him." In the meantime, I highly recommend the first two books of the series for all fans of contemporary, sports, and M/M romance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)