Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Review: "Undeniable Love" by Stacey Lynn

Undeniable Love Undeniable Love by Stacey Lynn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

According to her family, Meredith Kelley has a magical gift that lets her see when two people are meant to be together. It's mostly a party trick until she meets professional hockey player Tuevo Skyye and realizes that he's her one true match. The problem? Not only is Tuevo her brother Caleb's best friend, he doesn't believe in marriage. Even though he's spooked by Meredith's prediction, Tuevo can't help being drawn to her. Can she persuade him to give love a chance?

I've enjoyed many of Stacey Lynn's other stories, but unfortunately, this one just wasn't for me. Everything about Meredith and Tuevo's relationship felt rushed and forced to me. Granted, it was a novella, but there was very little conflict and virtually no character development. It was all about the smut, which is fine if that's your jam, but for me, two full chapters of it (out of ten total) was overkill.

If you're looking for a quick, steamy, but mostly forgettable read, then this novella is for you. If, like me, you prefer some story with your steam, then I'd skip this one and go straight to the first full-length book of the Kelley Family series, "Unending Love."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)