Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Can you read more than one book at once?

A poster on one of the romance boards I sometimes visit posted an interesting question today: Can you read more than one book at once?  If so, do you have problems keeping the stories straight?

For me, it's more unusual to NOT be reading more than one book at a time.  I usually read at least 2 books at once - most of the time it's actually more like 3 or 4. I always have at least one hard copy book and one ebook going at a time, plus sometimes an audio book if I come across something interesting that I can borrow from the library. I don't usually have a problem keeping the stories straight since I try to choose different genres/time periods to read at once (ie. one mystery or romantic suspense, one historical romance or historical fiction novel, and one contemporary chick lit or romance novel). If there's one book that particularly catches my interest, I'll stick with that one as much as possible. Otherwise, I'll choose what to read depending on the situation. If I'm at home, I try to read the DTB. If I'm in the car, it's the audio book. If I'm bored at work or have some free time while I'm out and about, it's the Kindle book since I can read it on my phone even if I don't have my Kindle with me.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)