Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"If You Were Here" by Jen Lancaster - 5 Stars

Book description available via Amazon.

I have to admit that I was worried when Jen Lancaster announced she was moving from writing non-fiction to writing fiction. I was afraid that her particular brand of humor might not transfer well to fiction, or that the story wouldn't be well developed because she was so focused on making her readers laugh. However, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by her first attempt at fiction. This book made me laugh out loud just like her previous non-fiction works, but it also had a nice message to go along with the humor. I'm so happy that everything worked out for Mac and Mia, as well as their various friends, in the end. I highly recommend picking up this book if you're looking for a good laugh. Fair warning, though: you may develop an uncontrollable urge to watch "Sixteen Candles" as soon as you finish it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)