Sunday, January 3, 2021

Review: Billion Dollar Catch

Billion Dollar Catch Billion Dollar Catch by Olivia Hayle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed "Billion Dollar Catch" by Olivia Hayle, book #3 of the Seattle Billionaires series. It reads as a complete standalone, though characters from the first two books make brief appearances in this one.

Main characters Bella Simmons and Ethan Carter were both quite likeable and sympathetic, and I found it very easy to root for them to overcome all of the challenges standing in the way of their HEA. A lot of their problems were based on what initially seemed to be nothing more than a little white lie, but as time went on and the two of them grew closer, that lie no longer seemed to be quite so innocent. When the truth came out, Bella's and Ethan's perspectives on the situation were both understandable, but it was no less heartbreaking for them to be apart because I could tell how much they genuinely cared about each other. Fortunately, they managed to work through their issues, and seeing them come together as a family with Ethan's two young daughters was lovely.

Ethan was such a great dad, and I loved how protective he was of his daughters, Haven and Evie. He had help from a wonderful nanny/housekeeper, Maria, which made total sense given the demands of his job, but I appreciated that he didn't rely on her to raise them. When Ethan was with his girls, he was truly present; he wanted to be the one reading them stories and putting them to bed. Bella's relationship with the girls as she got to know them was also very sweet, and they were always so excited to spend time with her.

Overall, "Billion Dollar Catch" was a funny, sweet, and heartwarming book that I highly recommend for all fans of contemporary romance. I look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)