Sunday, January 17, 2021

Review: Lucky Catch

Lucky Catch Lucky Catch by Lea Coll
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Lucky Catch" by Lea Coll was a short, sweet story that featured likeable characters and an engaging plot. Main characters Alexandra (Lexie) Austin and Gavin Keller both had a lot to prove as they entered their first year with Seattle's professional football team. Gavin was a rookie wide receiver, fresh from college and out to prove that he belonged on the team because of his talent, not because his father and older brother were also professional football players. Lexie was a first-year sideline reporter, determined to demonstrate that she got the job on merit, not because of who she knew (or had dated). Both were determined to focus on their careers and not romantic relationships, but as they spent time together so that Lexie could prepare a profile of Gavin for the team's news network, it became impossible for them to fight their growing attraction. Gavin was willing to fight for their relationship, but could he convince Lexie that their love was worth the risk?

I wasn't familiar with the Quick Snap series of novellas prior to reading this one, but it works perfectly as a standalone. In addition, I was impressed by the amount of plot and character development that was packed into such a short story. Both Lexie's and Gavin's concerns were understandable, and I liked that they actually discussed those concerns and worked together to address them. Overall, "Lucky Catch" was a satisfying read and I would recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance. I look forward to checking out more of Lea Coll's work in the future.

*Review copy provided by the author via Hidden Gems Books. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)