Thursday, April 21, 2022

Review: "Pretending Ever After" by Chiara Crane

Pretending Ever After Pretending Ever After by Chiara Crane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shannon Bryce is the associate producer of the Ever After Show, a reality program focused on saving relationships that are in trouble. A big part of her job is finding couples to be featured on the show and preparing them to film their episodes. When she has trouble getting the latest guests to cooperate, she reaches out to their adult son, software developer Adam Nguyen. He promises to convince his parents to fall in line in exchange for Shannon's agreement to act as his fake fiancee while she's in town. His much older female boss has been harassing him, and he hopes that bringing his "fiancee" to the company's upcoming product launch celebrations will convince her to stop. When Adam and Shannon finally meet in person, they find that there's an instant connection between them that has nothing to do with the roles they're playing, but Shannon is concerned that getting involved with Adam for real will jeopardize her job. Besides, she's only in town for a few days. That's not enough time to fall in love...or is it?

I really enjoyed this fast-paced, funny, and sweet story. Adam and Shannon were both kind of shy and awkward at times, but they were somehow perfect when they were together. Even though their relationship developed quickly, I believed in the strength of their feelings for each other, and it was easy for me to cheer them on to their HFN/HEA.

I recommend this story for all romantic comedy fans. It's a great introduction to a new series and I look forward to finding out what's to come in future books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)