Thursday, April 28, 2022

Review: "Truth and Temptation" by Julia Jarrett

Truth and Temptation Truth and Temptation by Julia Jarrett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Truth and Temptation" was my favorite book of the Dogwood Cove series so far! Featuring endearing, relatable characters and a compelling plot, I had a tough time putting it down. I particularly loved the female lead, quirky bookstore owner Paige Millstone, who had never really dated much or been strongly attracted to a man before. Everything changed when Paige met Wyatt Crawford, who helped her discover a whole new side of herself.

Loving Paige didn't come easily for Wyatt after losing his twin brother to cancer, especially when he discovered that she suffered from a chronic illness that wasn't always well controlled. He was afraid of once again losing the person he loved most in the world. He couldn't fight his attraction to Paige for long, however, and I loved the way their relationship grew and deepened over the course of the story.

As in previous books of the series, the "found family" aspect of this story was also very well done. The way Paige's friends supported and encouraged her was so sweet, especially when it seemed as if her relationship with Wyatt wasn't going to work out. Ethan and Reid's big brother act when they first met Wyatt in the bar was pretty cute, too.

Overall, I adored "Truth and Temptation" and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary/small town romance. I look forward to the next book of the series, hopefully featuring Paige's friend Serena.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)