Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Review: "Right Number, Wrong Girl" by Emma Hart

Right Number, Wrong Girl Right Number, Wrong Girl by Emma Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sophie Smith has been scrambling to find a new job ever since her former boss was arrested for embezzlement, leaving the company essentially bankrupt. It's been weeks since she was laid off and she still hasn't found anything new, but her best friend and roommate Camilla, a successful event planner, has been happy to cover the bills in the meantime. When Camilla gets stuck in Norway due to the combination of a family emergency and a late winter storm, she calls in the favor and begs Sophie to fill in for her on a job planning the Dowager Duchess of Devon's upcoming 80th birthday party. Sophie may be one of the least organized people in England, but she can't say no to her best friend, so she reluctantly agrees to help. A case of mistaken identity creates complications from the outset, but Sophie's doing her best, no matter what the Dowager Duchess's grandson Hugo, the Earl of Exmoor and heir to the current Duke of Devon, may think. She just has to hold on until Camilla gets there - and try not to fall in love with Hugo in the meantime...

Sophie and Hugo didn't exactly hit it off at first, but there was so much chemistry between them just waiting to ignite, and I loved their bickering and snarky banter. Once they warmed up to each other, they were super cute together, and it was easy for me to root for them to overcome the challenges that stood in the way of their relationship.

As I've stated in previous reviews, one of Hart's particular strengths is creating lovable, quirky secondary characters, and the ones in this book were no exception. For example, Hugo's grandmother Evelyn was a ton of fun. I really enjoyed her constant battles with his mother, the Duchess. I also loved Sophie's parents. I laughed so hard at the image of her mom threatening to murder someone with her slipper and then planning how to hide the body!

Overall, I adored this funny, sweet story and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait to find out what Hart plans to write next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)