Monday, August 29, 2022

Review: "Adventures in Inventory" by Melissa Brown

Adventures in Inventory Adventures in Inventory by Melissa Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Adventures in Inventory" by Melissa Brown is a prequel novella to the Spotlight Video series. It's 1994 and the employees of Spotlight Video, most of whom are also students at nearby Lurie University for the Performing Arts, have gathered for the store's mandatory annual overnight inventory shift. It's tradition for each employee to choose a movie for a game they fondly call VHS Roulette, which inevitably leads to differences of opinion. The movie selections won't be the only drama this year, however. Will all of the employees still have jobs in the morning?

It's not necessary to read this novella in order to understand the series, but it is a fun, quick (and free!) read that I'd recommend picking up. It gives a good feel for the retro vibe of the series and the kind of sweet, quirky characters involved. If, like me, you grew up in the '90s and fondly remember trips to the local video store, you'll enjoy this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)