Friday, August 12, 2022

Review: "Kiss and Tell" by Melanie Jacobson

Kiss and Tell

Kiss and Tell by Melanie Jacobson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Celebrity chef Tabitha Winters is both excited and nervous to be returning to Camp Oak Crest, where she spent some of the happiest summers of her life working as a counselor. Her old friends Natalie and Ben recently purchased the camp and have invited Tabitha to cook for their grand reopening gala. She accepts with the understanding that Sawyer Reed, the final member of their foursome from those long-ago summers, won't be in attendance. Sawyer was Tabitha's first love but they haven't spoken in the nine years since their breakup. He's still friends with Natalie and Ben, however, and it doesn't take long for Tabitha to figure out that they may not have been telling her the truth about Sawyer staying away. A series of old-school summer camp pranks brings Sawyer out of hiding, and Tabitha is surprised to learn that he's there to ask her for a chance to rebuild their friendship...and maybe something more thanks to the marriage pact she'd nearly forgotten.

I completely adored this laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, and heartfelt second chance romance. Tabitha and Sawyer were such a cute couple and I loved their witty banter. It took some time for Tabitha to work through the lingering pain of their breakup and decide to give Sawyer another chance, but after learning exactly how Sawyer broke up with her, I completely understood why she was so hurt by his actions. That said, I could tell how sincere he was in his apology, and his efforts to rebuild their friendship were very sweet.

I highly recommend "Kiss and Tell" for all sweet contemporary and romantic comedy fans and look forward to whatever Melanie Jacobson writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)