Saturday, February 15, 2020

Review: An Everyday Hero

An Everyday Hero An Everyday Hero by Laura Trentham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been looking forward to reading Laura Trentham's "An Everyday Hero" ever since I finished the previous book in her Heart of a Hero series ("The Military Wife"), and I am pleased to say that it exceeded my expectations. It is a complete standalone from the first book in the series, featuring all new characters and a different setting. I found both stories to be very compelling and had a hard time putting them down once I started reading.

The main characters of "An Everyday Hero," Greer and Emmett, were very likeable and well-developed. Their snarky banter was quite amusing and kept me laughing throughout the book, which helped to lighten what could otherwise have been a very dark story. Also, their relationship developed at a nice pace, with them slowly becoming friends before making the transition to romantic partners. They both needed that time to heal before they were ready to become romantically involved.

In addition to Emmett and Greer's relationship, I enjoyed the subplot involving Greer's volunteer work with the music therapy program for veterans and their families. The friendship Greer developed with her teenage client, Ally, and Ally's mom was quite lovely. They were in a really tough situation and I was happy they were able to get the help they needed.

Overall, "An Everyday Hero" was a very enjoyable read, and I hope that Ms. Trentham plans to continue writing books in this series.

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)