Saturday, March 28, 2020

Review: Your French Kisses

Your French Kisses Your French Kisses by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lauren Blakely's "Your French Kisses" was a sweet, charming epilogue to the Boyfriend Material series. It was a very short story that only took me about an hour to read, but there was still something magical about it that really resonated with me. It may have been the fact that main characters Reid and Marley's first meeting took place in Paris, a famously romantic city that I have always wished to visit. I also loved the way they tried to live in the moment and treasure every bit of their time together, even knowing that they both had to leave in a matter of hours and might never see each other again.

Marley and Reid's banter was quite amusing and fun, and even though I'm not exactly a believer in fate or love at first sight, I couldn't help but hope they'd somehow end up in the right place and time to be together. In addition, I note that it is not necessary to read the previous books in the Boyfriend Material series to understand and enjoy this short story, but personally, I am glad to have read the series in order. I liked Marley and Reid when they were introduced in the earlier books, and having that previous connection with them made watching them fall in love just a little bit sweeter for me.

While I'm sad that this series has ended, I look forward to whatever Ms. Blakely writes next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)