Saturday, December 12, 2020

Review: "Billion Dollar Beast" by Olivia Hayle

Billion Dollar Beast Billion Dollar Beast by Olivia Hayle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I very much enjoyed Olivia Hayle's "Billion Dollar Beast," book #2 of the Seattle Billionaires series. The slow burn, enemies-to-lovers romance between main characters Nick and Blair was well crafted; their chemistry was intense from the outset, and they were adorable together once they finally got past all of the obstacles standing in their way. I found it very easy to cheer them on to their HEA.

Because of his job, Nick reminded me quite a bit of Richard Gere's character in the movie "Pretty Woman." I could tell that there was a good guy hiding beneath his "beastly" exterior, and it made me sad that he kept pushing Blair away because he thought he wasn't good enough for her. Nick was afraid that his ruthless reputation in the business world might impact Blair if they were to become involved, or that he would somehow mess up their relationship because of his past. It was unclear to me exactly what aspect of his past caused that fear, and that's the one part of this story I wish had been better developed. Did Nick have an earlier relationship that ended badly, or was there perhaps something about his parents' relationship that impacted his view of love?

As for Blair, I appreciated how down-to-earth she was despite her privileged upbringing. She was a hard worker, very determined to build something of her own instead of relying solely on her inheritance or her family's wealth and influence. In that sense, Blair reminded me a lot of her older brother Cole, the male lead of the previous book in this series as well as Nick's best friend. Both books read as standalones, but I have to admit that I enjoyed seeing Cole and his wife Skye again here. They really are a cute couple, and it was great to see how happy and settled they are now.

Overall, "Billion Dollar Beast" was an excellent read, and I would recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance. I look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author via BookSirens. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)