Sunday, December 13, 2020

Review: "The Christmas Cadeau" by K.D. Elizabeth

The Christmas Cadeau The Christmas Cadeau by K.D. Elizabeth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored K.D. Elizabeth's "The Christmas Cadeau," a lovely story that beautifully captured the joy and magic of the Christmas season as well as the special connection between main characters Maxime and Laure. I'm not a big fan of the insta-love trope, which IMO is overused in novellas, so what I most appreciated about this novella is that Max and Laure were already an established couple. It was obvious how much they genuinely loved each other because of the little things they did to show their affection, both physically and emotionally. The conflict between them arose as they attempted to navigate the complexities of their evolving relationship. There was a misunderstanding between them, but the reasons for it were perfectly clear and understandable, and I appreciated that Max and Laure confronted the issue head on rather than letting the hurt continue to build.

I highly recommend this short but sweet holiday romance. It was completely different from any other story I've read recently, in the very best of ways. I look forward to picking up Max's friend Ethan's story very soon!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)