Friday, January 7, 2022

Review: "Lovelight Farms" by B.K. Borison

Lovelight Farms Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After hearing so many good things about B.K. Borison's "Lovelight Farms," I knew I couldn't wait to read it until next Christmas. I'm so happy I decided to squeeze it in at the end of the season because I absolutely adored this funny, sweet, and heartwarming story, which featured a well-crafted friends-to-lovers romance between best friends Stella Bloom and Luka Peters.

Unbeknownst to her friends and business partners, Stella's Christmas tree farm, Lovelight Farms, is in financial trouble, and she's been funding operations out of her own pocket for months. Fortunately, the farm is a finalist in a social media contest that could earn them a huge marketing boost and $100,000 if they win, which would be enough to keep them afloat for at least another year. The problem is that Stella lied on the entry form and said that she owned and ran the farm with her boyfriend, but she's actually single. Now she needs to find a fake boyfriend before social media influencer Evelyn comes to visit and choose the contest's winner. Her only option is to ask her best friend Luka, on whom she's had a secret crush for years. Luka agrees to help Stella, but will all of the practice they put into making their "relationship" seem believable end up turning it into the real thing?

Stella and Luka were ridiculously cute together, which made it easy for me to cheer them on to their HEA. They each had some baggage that wasn't easy to get past, most notably Stella's fear of abandonment, but it was all worth it when they came together in the end. The last few chapters and epilogue gave me all the feels; I may even have cried a happy tear or two! In addition to Luka and Stella's relationship, I really enjoyed the aspects of the story related to potential sabotage on the farm, as well as the unexpected twist involving the social media influencer, Evelyn, and her history with someone connected to the farm. Finally, Stella and Luka's friends Beckett, Layla, and Charlie were fantastic secondary characters, and I hope to read future stories about each of them.

I may have been a week late in finishing it, but "Lovelight Farms" was one of my favorite holiday reads this season. I highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary/holiday romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to whatever the author writes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)