Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Review: "Cream and Punishment" by Susannah Nix

Cream and Punishment Cream and Punishment by Susannah Nix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Cream and Punishment" by Susannah Nix was an absolutely delightful second chance romance that featured endearing, relatable characters and a plot that had me laughing hysterically at the same time as it tugged on my heartstrings. After Lucy Dillard ended their brief relationship six months earlier, Tanner King found it difficult to be around her because she broke his heart. Unfortunately, avoiding Lucy becomes impossible after a humiliating demotion leads to Tanner starting a new job in the marketing department of his family's ice cream company. Lucy, the company's social media strategist, is assigned to train him for his new position, essentially becoming Tanner's new boss. As much as they try to remain professional, it's quickly apparent that they still have feelings for each other, but the obstacles that stood in the way of their relationship in the past still exist in the present. Can they figure out a way to overcome them this time around?

Lucy and Tanner each had a lot of baggage that wasn't immediately apparent, but they did a good job of working through it together, as well as learning from the mistakes they made when they were together the first time. As Tanner said in the epilogue, they were a team, and that's exactly how it was supposed to be. I adored them as a couple, but I have to admit that I was especially fond of Tanner. He had such a big heart, and the way he doted on his cat really got to me.

In summary, "Cream and Punishment" gave me all the feels, and I highly recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. As much as I loved Wyatt and Andie's story in the first book of this series, I think this book was even better. I can't wait for Tanner's brother Ryan's story in book #3!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)