Thursday, September 21, 2023

Review: "Cupid's Quest Season Three" by Pru Warren

Cupid's Quest Season Three: Not Your Typical Romantic Comedy

Cupid's Quest Season Three: Not Your Typical Romantic Comedy by Pru Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Popular reality adventure show Cupid's Quest is about to kick off its third season, and to make things interesting, producers have decided to invite back the "villains" of seasons one and two. Season one's returning contestant, Jane-Alice, doesn't want to be known as the villain this season, however; she's in it to win it, and she's noticed that it's the "nice" contestants who've finished first in previous competitions. But her strategy shifts when she learns that the show's new sponsor, multimillionaire businessman Tripp, will be joining them on their travels. Marrying the much older Tripp would be an even better prize than the show's offer of $5 million, but it will take careful planning... and maybe a few judicious displays of her impressive cleavage. Can Jane-Alice outmaneuver Tripp and everyone determined to keep them apart, as well as her own inconvenient feelings for someone else?

Jane-Alice wasn't necessarily the most likeable protagonist at first, possibly because she was so blatant in her manipulations and her motives were unclear. That said, the way her mind worked was fascinating to me, and the author did a terrific job of slowly revealing pieces of her past to help explain her behavior. Her character was completely redeemed by the end of the story and I loved where she ended up.

As in the previous books of the series, the twists and turns of the competition kept me guessing until the very end. The dialogue was witty, the quests were at times both jaw-dropping and hilarious, and the secondary characters were amusing and played important roles in the story. This series has truly been a breath of fresh air and I've loved every minute of it.

I highly recommend this entire series for all steamy romantic comedy fans. I can't wait for Pru Warren's next release!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)