Friday, September 8, 2023

Review: "Something to Believe In" by Samantha Baca

Something to Believe In

Something to Believe In by Samantha Baca
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Calli recently moved from Miami to Montana to care for her widowed mother, who's been diagnosed with early-onset dementia. She's also opened her own restaurant, Cravings, in the new strip mall where roofer Dylan has been working for the past several months. Dylan's had a crush on Calli ever since she catered the grand opening of his friend Ramona's doggy daycare, but every time he sees her, he somehow manages to embarrass himself. Even so, when he finally works up the courage to ask her out, she says yes. At first, things go well between Dylan and Calli, but when the relationship starts to turn serious, she suddenly pulls away. He'll have to help her overcome her fears before they can find a path forward together.

I very much enjoyed this funny, sweet, and perfectly steamy story. It was cute how awkward Dylan was around Calli at first; he said so many unintentionally funny things! As for Calli, I couldn't help but empathize with everything she was going through with her mom, as well as her fears about getting involved with Dylan given everything she already had on her plate. She wasn't giving him (or herself) enough credit, however; he was more than capable of standing by her side and helping her carry her burdens, no matter what they were, and I loved the way he proved it to her in the end.

I highly recommend "Something to Believe In" for all steamy contemporary romance and rom-com fans and look forward to the author's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author via BookSirens. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)