Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Review: "Cupid's Quest Season One" by Pru Warren

Cupid's Quest Season One

Cupid's Quest Season One by Pru Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jocelyn O'Neil is nervous but excited when she's selected to be a contestant on a new "reality adventure show" that turns out to be nothing like what she expected. Arriving in Los Angeles, Joss and the other contestants are informed that Cupid's Quest is also a dating show, and the cameras will be turned on 24/7 (even in the bathroom!). Joss is ready to quit until she learns that the show's winning couple will split a prize of $10 million. Not only that, each contestant will be paid $10,000 per week for 8 weeks of filming. Her family needs the money, so Joss reluctantly accepts the terms. Later that day, she and her fellow contestants are en route to their first quest. Adventures - and maybe true love - await...

For some reason I dislike watching reality TV but love reading books that are based on what goes on behind the scenes, and this one was SO. MUCH. FUN. The story's twists and turns kept me guessing until the very end, and the slow burn romance at the heart of it was sweet yet perfectly steamy. The dialogue was witty, the secondary characters were amusing and played an important role in the story, and the quests were at times both jaw-dropping and hilarious.

Overall, this story was truly a breath of fresh air, and I can't recommend it highly enough for all steamy romantic comedy fans. I look forward to the next book in the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)