Friday, December 13, 2019

Happy Release Day to "Holiday for Hire" by Laurelin Paige and Kayti McGee

https://laurl.in/HolidayforHireAmazon?fbclid=IwAR0tkGuYL6chBt9sww7O2ZhW-Uh_vdFJV6WZIU7E9pscpy3Ua1_TItZwfsc
Happy Release Day to "Holiday for Hire" by Laurelin Paige and Kayti McGee! I really enjoyed this fun holiday-themed twist on the classic "My Fair Lady." The story was short, sweet, and amusing with some pretty great double entendres that made me laugh out loud.

I didn't find Jane, the female lead character, to be very likeable or relatable at first, but her relationship with the male lead character, Ian, really humanized her.  She was so snobby and focused on all of the wrong things until he came along and shook up her world.

On the other hand, I really liked Ian immediately. He seemed like a good-hearted guy who was down on his luck after having given up his chance at college to help support his family.  I loved that Ian had such a happy, positive outlook on life despite his situation, and he definitely deserved to have good things happen for him.

Overall, this was a nice, quick read that did a good job of getting me into the Christmas spirit, and I would recommend it.

*ARC provided by the author via Candi Kane PR.  All opinions expressed are my own.

https://laurl.in/HolidayforHireAmazon?fbclid=IwAR0tkGuYL6chBt9sww7O2ZhW-Uh_vdFJV6WZIU7E9pscpy3Ua1_TItZwfsc

About "Holiday for Hire"

After Jane Osborne is unceremoniously dumped by a rich man, and then invited to his Christmas Eve wedding, she decides to hire a date from Craigslist and pass him off as an upgrade.

Fake-boyfriend for hire Ian Brooks ends up being a delightful surprise—and a mysterious stranger she's definitely met before.

Could he be her Christmas wish come true?

**This novella was originally published as "Unmatchable" in Brenda Novak’s ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS anthology.**

https://laurl.in/HolidayforHireAmazon?fbclid=IwAR0tkGuYL6chBt9sww7O2ZhW-Uh_vdFJV6WZIU7E9pscpy3Ua1_TItZwfsc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)