Sunday, December 8, 2019

Review: Forever and a Duke

Forever and a Duke Forever and a Duke by Grace Burrowes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Forever and a Duke" was a charming and delightful story, just as Grace Burrowes's books always are. I adored the main characters, Ellie and Rex. Their banter was a lot of fun, and the way they looked after each other was incredibly sweet. For example, Ellie made Rex a soothing drink when she noticed that he had a headache, while he was always making sure that she ate and was warm enough. To me, small gestures like those are the signs of true love. Grand gestures can be lovely and certainly have their place (especially in romance novels!), but IMO, what matters most is how one shows love every day.

Ellie and Rex complemented each other very well in their various skills and personality traits, but I found it interesting that those interests and talents led to kind of a role reversal for the times in which they lived. Rex had the social acumen and knew how to navigate the ton, while Ellie had a head for business and was the perfect candidate to help him manage his estates and the bank. The two of them were a great team both personally and professionally.

I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I understand that Quinn's sister Althea will be featured in book #4 and I'm looking forward to getting to know more about her. I hope that his brother Stephen will get a book of his own at some point, too. Stephen has been through so much in his life, and I would love to see him finally find the perfect partner.

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)