Sunday, December 15, 2019

Review: The Lady in Red

The Lady in Red The Lady in Red by Kelly Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I very much enjoyed Kelly Bowen's "The Lady in Red." The main characters, Flynn and Charlotte, were quite well-developed for a novella, and I couldn't help but empathize with both of them. They deserved recognition for their artistic talent but were both forced to pretend to be someone else in order to get it. Also, I am a big fan of historical romances in which the heroine pretends to be a man, and this one was no exception. My favorite thing about the trope is usually the comedic aspect of the hero wondering about his sexuality because he's suddenly attracted to a boy or young man; while that was missing here, this was an entertaining story nonetheless.

I have not read the previous books in the Season for Scandal series, but this novella stood very well on its own, so I did not feel lost at all. I enjoyed meeting some of the characters from the earlier books here, however, and will plan to go back and read them now.

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)