Sunday, April 12, 2020

Review: Disavow

Disavow Disavow by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Karina Halle's "Disavow," the third and final book of the Dumont trilogy. It was a compulsively readable and suspenseful story, and I finished the whole thing in a single afternoon. I didn't want to put it down because I was so anxious to know what was going to happen next.

The main characters of this book, Pascal and Gabrielle, were very complex and well-developed. They were each flawed, but seemed incredibly true-to-life and surprisingly relatable. In the first two books of the series, Pascal came across as kind of evil, so I was surprised by how much I liked him in this story. He came to realize that his temper and past behavior were problematic, so he made a genuine effort to change his ways. As for Gabrielle, I was impressed by her strength, independence, and tenacity, especially after having to overcome a childhood history of abuse. I really enjoyed the way Pascal and Gabrielle's romance blossomed over the course of the story and how they seemed to make each other whole.

Overall, each book in the Dumont series has been better than the last, and "Disavow" served as a perfect ending to this family's story. While each of the books stands alone, IMO it is better to read the series in order. The events in each story build on the ones that came before, and the reading experience will be much richer for those who have a complete understanding of how all of the events and characters are connected.

I highly recommend the entire Dumont trilogy and can't wait to see what Karina Halle writes next!

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)