Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Review: Girl Gone Viral

Girl Gone Viral Girl Gone Viral by Alisha Rai
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored Katrina King when she was introduced as a secondary character in Alisha Rai's last book, "The Right Swipe," so to say that I was excited to read her story in "Girl Gone Viral" might be something of an understatement. Thankfully, this book did not disappoint; in fact, it was even better than I had hoped it would be. It gave me all the feels, making me laugh out loud and tugging at my heartstrings in equal measure.

Katrina was a phenomenal lead character: smart, kind, and incredibly brave no matter what life threw at her. It wasn't easy, but she kept trying to overcome her fears and get back out into the world, even if she had to take baby steps to do it. Katrina's bodyguard and love interest, Jasvinder "Jas" Singh, provided a tremendous amount of help and support for Katrina on her journey, even as he battled demons of his own related to his time in the military and unresolved differences with his family. I loved the way Jas was always looking out for Katrina and his other loved ones. He wasn't always very good at communicating with them, but like Katrina, he genuinely tried to do better.

Jas and Katrina were very well matched as a couple, and I loved the slow burn of their relationship development over the course of the story. Katrina needed a partner who was willing to be patient with her and see beyond both her wealth and her panic disorder to the sweet, funny woman inside. In return, Jas needed someone to help him remember to take care of himself, not just those he loves, and focus on the future instead of the past. They truly brought out the best in each other, and I couldn't wait for them to finally admit that they were in love.

Overall, I loved "Girl Gone Viral" and highly recommend it. I hope that there are more stories to come in this series! It would be wonderful to see Jia (Katrina's roommate), Lakshmi (Rhiannon's assistant), and Harris (Samson's friend from the NFL) get HEAs of their own.

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)