Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Review: Make Me Yours

Make Me Yours Make Me Yours by Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored Ember Leigh's "Make Me Yours," book #3 of the Bayshore series. It reads as a total standalone despite being the third book in a series, but IMO each book has been better than the last and I would highly recommend each and every one. This latest installment was funny, sweet, steamy, and completely charming, featuring likeable, relatable characters and an engaging plot. It is sure to appeal to all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy.

I am a big fan of grumpy heroes, and the male lead character of "Make Me Yours," Dr. Dominic Daly, fit that description perfectly. Perpetually tired and overworked, cardiologist Dom was still recovering from a prior broken engagement, which left him wary of relationships and reluctant to trust in love. Dom was a good guy beneath his gruff exterior, but he had a tough time letting people in. The female lead, matchmaker London Hayes, managed to work her way into his heart, however, and Dom couldn't help falling in love with her.

Dom was faced with quite the challenge as he tried to persuade London to take a chance on their relationship. For good reason, London was determined not to date a client, and Dom's sometimes off-putting personality didn't win him many points with her at first. I loved their amusing banter as they got to know each other, as well as the score card London created to handle dealing with Dom and his over-the-top behavior. (I may have to borrow that score card idea for use with a few people I know through work...)

London was very snarky and funny, and I adored the way she was often able to tease Dom out of his bad moods. I completely understood why she tried so hard to resist her feelings for him, even after he made his interest in her clear, but Dom and London were so obviously perfect for each other that I couldn't help but root for them to figure out their differences and find a way to be together. The fact that Dom managed to improve his relationship with his brother Grayson along the way was an added bonus, and something that I had hoped to see since reading Grayson and Hazel's story in book #1.

I finished "Make Me Yours" with a huge smile on my face and can't wait to get my hands on the next installment of the Bayshore series, starring Dominic's brother Weston, coming this summer!

*ARC provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)