Monday, May 11, 2020

Review: Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy

Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy by Max Monroe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been hearing about Max Monroe's books for some time now, and I am very happy I finally made time to read one because I absolutely loved "Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy." It was funny and sweet with just the right amount of steam and, as an added bonus, it hit several of my favorite romance themes all at once: behind-the-scenes Hollywood, enemies-to-lovers, slow burn relationship development, and a grumpy hero.

Both of the story's main characters were incredibly likeable and endearing, but given my love of a grouchy hero, Luca's personality was one of my favorite aspects of the book. He really needed someone like the female lead, Billie, to come along and shake him out of his rut. She pushed him to leave his hiding spot in Alaska and rejoin the real world, even though he wasn't sure he wanted or could handle any other lifestyle. Luca may not have recognized it at first, but he matured quite a bit during his time away from Hollywood and developed all of the skills he needed to build a life there on his own terms, without falling prey to others' ambitions or the lure of past bad habits. I loved watching him come out of his shell thanks to Billie's influence and finally find the happiness he deserved.

Billie was so sweet, funny, and determined, and I loved the way in which she not only managed to invite herself along on Luca's hiking trip, she kept up with him no matter how unprepared she was or how much she hated the outdoors. I also admired that Billie was so sunny and positive most of the time, especially after having suffered so many losses at such a young age. She devoted a lot of energy to advancing her career in her mother's honor, and it was lovely to see her succeed as well as find a partner who would support her future efforts.

In addition to Luca and Billie, I enjoyed the secondary characters in this story, particularly Luca's old friends (Andrew the actor, and the director whose name is escaping me at the moment) and Billie's sister Birdie. I would love to read stories about them in the future!

In sum, I highly recommend "Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy" for all fans of contemporary romantic comedies and look forward to checking out more of Max Monroe's books very soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)