Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Review: "Here For It" by Melanie Jacobson

Here For It

Here For It by Melanie Jacobson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Supermodel Anneke Jansen and New Orleans record store owner Jonah Collier have been sharing their love of music online for the past few months. They only know each other by their screen names, but that hasn't stopped Anneke from developing a massive crush. When she accidentally discovers Jonah's offline identity, she decides to engineer an anonymous in-person meeting by asking her friend Miles to invite Jonah to the grand opening of his new jazz club, the Turnaround. Jonah accepts, but the meeting doesn't go well; he brushes off Anneke's efforts to start a conversation with him, so she concludes that he's not attracted to her in real life. She can't quite let go of her crush, however, so when he invites her to stop by his record store, she does. Their second meeting isn't much better than the first, but Jonah's sister Bailey convinces him to go after Anneke and ask for another chance. As they get to know more about each other outside of their tastes in music, their attraction continues to grow, but so does the awareness that they're living two very different lives. Could a relationship between them ever work out?

Jonah and Anneke may have been opposites in a lot of ways, but I loved them together because of the way their personalities complemented each other. The push-pull as their relationship grew helped each of them become the truest, most honest versions of themselves. I also loved how the New Orleans setting was integrated so seamlessly into the story. I think I learned more about the history of Mardi Gras from reading this book than I did when I actually visited New Orleans, and it was honestly fascinating. (It also made me hungry for king cake, but I digress.)

I highly recommend "Here for It" for all sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to future books in this series. I'd love to read a story featuring Jonah's sister Bailey as well as one for Chloe and Dylan from the previous book. (I'm still convinced that there's something between them!)

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)