Monday, February 28, 2022

Review: "Only a Summer" by Delancey Stewart

Only A Summer Only A Summer by Delancey Stewart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first started reading "Only a Summer," the story seemed familiar to me. I checked my bookshelves and realized that a version of it was previously published as "Treasured" in the Summer Love anthology. It's now a standalone prequel to Delancey Stewart's upcoming Kasper Ridge series, which appears to be a spinoff of the Singletree series.

Having recently ended a four-year engagement to his high school sweetheart, Wiley Blanchard is happy to accept his old friend Archie Kasper's invitation to spend the summer in Colorado. He'll be helping Archie and his younger sister Aubrey set up the bar in the ski resort they inherited from their eccentric Great-Uncle Marvin. Aubrey had a huge crush on Wiley when they were teenagers, but she was too young for him to notice her back then. Now that she's all grown up, Wiley can't stop noticing Aubrey, even though there are a thousand reasons he shouldn't.

Aubrey and Wiley were super cute together. Their story ends in an HFN rather than an HEA, but hopefully we'll see more of them as the series progresses. The treasure map and mysterious inheritance left by Archie and Aubrey's Uncle Marvin was both fun and intriguing, and I look forward to learning more about that in future books as well. Finally, I loved Aubrey's teasing relationship with Archie, which reminded me a lot of me and my brother.

I'd recommend "Only a Summer" for all contemporary romance fans and look forward to finding out where the series goes from here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)