Thursday, February 24, 2022

Review: "On the Honey Side" by Staci Hart

On The Honey Side On The Honey Side by Staci Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Daisy Blum's boyfriend Drew died in a car accident when they were only 18, just after they graduated from high school. She's avoided dating ever since, helped by the pact she made with her sisters Poppy and Jo that they wouldn't date until their widowed mother started dating again too. Middle sister Jo recently broke the pact, shocking everyone by falling in love with millionaire Grant Stone. Now she wants Daisy and Poppy to find love too, and while Daisy's still afraid to risk her heart again, when she sees local contractor Keaton Meyer for the first time in over a year, she's surprised to realize that she's attracted to him.

Widower Keaton still feels tremendous guilt over his wife Mandy's death in a car accident several years earlier; they had a fight just before she left, and he believes that he should have stopped her from driving that night. On top of that, his family's construction business has been in trouble since before his father's death, and the situation has only gotten worse since Keaton took over. The entire town is struggling and Keaton has tried to help wherever he could by doing jobs at cost, but it's been terrible for their bottom line. His three brothers don't know how bad the situation really is because he doesn't want them to worry, and so far he's been able to keep the business afloat by using funds from his late wife's trust. Spending time with Daisy as they work together to help the homeless in their small town reawakens dreams that Keaton thought he'd buried with Mandy, for love and a family of his own. Can Daisy and Keaton overcome their fears - and a few other unexpected challenges - to find love again?

I enjoyed the first half of this book tremendously, but the second half got me in the feels, and I couldn't put it down until I knew that Keaton and Daisy were going to get their HEA. After everything they'd been through and the years they spent grieving their lost loves, they were so deserving of a second chance at happiness. They really were perfect for each other, and I loved the way their mischievous siblings played matchmaker. I really hope Keaton's brothers, Carson, Cade, and Cole, will get stories of their own in the future! I also loved Keaton's adorable relationship with his niece, Sophie. She had the entire house full of men wrapped around her little finger.

Overall, I adored this funny, sweet, and heartwarming story and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait for Staci Hart's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)