Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Review: "Falling for My Roommate" by Georgia Coffman

Congratulations to Georgia Coffman on her latest release, "Falling for My Roommate," book #3.5 of the Naked Heat series. While it mostly works as a standalone, I wish I'd had a chance to catch up on the earlier books prior to reading this one. Many of the issues faced by the male lead of this story are a direct result of what happened in the previous stories, and I think I would have understood his behavior better with more context.

Unemployed sports reporter Mason never imagined himself becoming a stripper, but after a rough couple of years, he realizes that it might be time for a change. He's tired of women only seeing him as a friend and hopes that becoming a dancer with male revue Naked Heat will transform him into the kind of guy who gets the girl. Meanwhile, his friend Tarryn has also been struggling since her father passed away; when she learns of Mason's plan to move to Las Vegas, she impulsively decides that a change of scenery would be good for her too, and they agree to become roommates. A month or so later, Mason dares Tarryn to come to his show, and she suddenly sees him in a whole new light. They can't seem to keep their hands off each other, though it's not long before things start to go wrong. Can they figure out their feelings or will their brand-new relationship be over before it's even begun?
 
I have to admit that a lot of what drew me to this story was that it reminded me of Magic Mike in book form, and that aspect of the story was really fun. I also liked Tarryn and Mason together; they had great chemistry and a solid friendship, including plenty of witty banter, before things turned romantic. Most of what went wrong between them had nothing to do with their feelings for each other or any actual obstacles that prevented them from being together, but rather past baggage that they needed to work through on their own. For example, Mason was still hurt because of the way his last couple of relationships had turned out, and it really seemed to affect his self-image. With very little evidence, he became convinced that Tarryn's feelings for him were just as "brotherly" as the last two people he dated, so he pushed her away. I appreciated that he eventually he took ownership of his behavior and apologized to Tarryn, and they ended up in a good place.

Overall, I enjoyed "Falling for My Roommate" and recommend it for all contemporary romance fans. I will probably revisit this story after reading the earlier books of the series. 
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.
 
 
About "Falling for My Roommate"

They say what happens in Vegas, stays there. Unfortunately for me, I live here now, thanks to a spontaneous deal I made with a friend over drinks and desperation.

I can’t escape the sins of this city, and I certainly can’t undo sleeping with that same friend, who's also my new roommate.

I blame him for that and the rest of the poor decisions I've made lately.

It all started when Mason invited me to his male revue show. I showed up because I needed a fun night out more than a margarita needs tequila.

But what I got was so much more than I bargained for.

Wavy, tousled hair.

Devilish eyes.

And the mother of all fantasies: abs. So many chiseled, mouthwatering abs winking at me.

On stage, Mason was nothing like the guy I’d come to know, and I enjoyed his unwavering attention on me a little more than I should have.

I hadn’t been looked at like that in a while—or ever. How could I resist him?

It was pure bliss being on the receiving end of his moves in private for a change.

If only his talents were enough to ignore his history of hookups and one-night stands. There’s no way he could want anything lasting with me when he has his pick of Sin City.

And he’ll definitely have to choose because I’m totally falling for my roommate. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)