Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Review: "Lost and Found" by Katharine Sadler

Lost and Found Lost and Found by Katharine Sadler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Lost and Found" by Katharine Sadler is the first book of a new series featuring the five Weston sisters. It's set in the same town as the Catalpa Creek series and a few of the characters from those books return in supporting roles, but it reads as a standalone.

Dandelion "Dani" Weston recently moved to the small town of Catalpa Creek with three of her four sisters in order to fulfill the terms of their late father's will, which requires them to live there for a year to receive their inheritance. For Dani, at least, it's a good time for a fresh start; her former best friend and business partner recently cheated her out of her share of the bakery they started together, and she lost everything. Unfortunately, living with her sisters and their constant arguments brings back bad memories from childhood, sending Dani fleeing into a nearby national park for a night under the stars. The next morning, she's discovered by park ranger Grant Holiday, who threatens to cite her for failing to pay the fee for use of the campsite. On further acquaintance, Grant's impression of Dani does not improve; he's convinced that she's the type of person who believes rules don't apply to her - and he's a stickler for the rules. It becomes impossible to avoid her when she starts working as a barista in his brother's bookstore, and after he tastes her homemade cherry danish, he's not even sure he wants to. Is it possible that these opposites could actually attract?

I loved this laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, and heartwarming story. Grant and Dani may have been complete opposites, but they were completely perfect for each other. Their banter was a ton of fun, and I particularly enjoyed the way Dani teased Grant. I also appreciated how layered each of their characters was; every time something new was revealed, it was like another puzzle piece clicked into place, and I could actually see how well the two of them fit together.

I highly recommend "Lost and Found" for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)