Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Review: "Merritt and Her Childhood Crush" by Emma St. Clair and Jenny Proctor

Merritt and Her Childhood Crush Merritt and Her Childhood Crush by Emma St. Clair and Jenny Proctor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In need of an escape after her "perfect" life in New York City suddenly implodes, Merritt Markham volunteers to take over for her youngest sister Eloise in managing the renovation of their late grandmother's house into a B&B. Her sisters think she'll be working remotely, but the truth is that Merritt has nothing better to do than hide out on Oakley Island after losing both her job and her boyfriend. Life on Oakley comes with its own set of complications, however; the contractor in charge of the project is Hunter Williams, the old childhood friend and crush who unknowingly broke Merritt's heart when he married someone else. Hunter is now a divorced single dad, and as much as she tries to deny it, Merritt is just as attracted to him as ever. The problem is that Hunter's roots on Oakley Island run deep, while Merritt never planned on staying past the end of the renovation. Will life once again pull them in two different directions, or will Merritt and Hunter finally get the happy ending they've always wanted?

After reading the first book of this series, I wasn't sure what to expect of Merritt; to be completely honest, I wondered if I would even like her. I should have known better than to doubt these two authors, however, because I loved Merritt by the time the story was over. She and Hunter had a complex history and there were a lot of unresolved feelings for them to work through when she returned to Oakley Island. Even so, they really seemed to bring out the best in each other, and I was rooting for them the whole way.

I highly recommend this book for all fans of sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait for the next book in the series, which will feature Merritt's sister Sadie.

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)