Saturday, June 27, 2020

Review: Awk-Weird

Awk-Weird Awk-Weird by Avery Flynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the first book in Avery Flynn's Ice Knights series, but "Awk-Weird," book #2, was even better! It might actually be my favorite Flynn book to date. Female lead character Tess was so sweet and quirky that I couldn't help but like and empathize with her, plus the random trivia she was constantly quoting was pretty hilarious. Tess's love interest, Cole, was very endearing with his strict routines and stress baking before each hockey game he played. Their personalities balanced each other nicely, and watching them fall in love was simply delightful.

The book reads as a complete standalone, but those who are familiar with Flynn's past work will enjoy catching up with several characters from previous series such as the Hartigans. As always, the secondary characters add a tremendous amount of depth and humor to the narrative, and the cameos felt like an opportunity to visit with old and dear friends.

Overall, "Awk-Weird" was an incredibly fun, sweet, and amusing story that I highly recommend for fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait to get my hands on more stories from Avery Flynn!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)