Saturday, June 27, 2020

Review: Take a Hint, Dani Brown

Take a Hint, Dani Brown Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored Talia Hibbert's "Take a Hint, Dani Brown," the second book of the Brown Sisters series. The characters seemed so real and vibrant to me, and once I started reading, I didn't want to put the book down. Main characters Dani and Zaf were both incredibly likeable and three-dimensional, and watching them fall in love put a huge smile on my face. I loved their witty banter, but even more than that, I loved how hard Dani and Zaf worked to make each other happy. Their relationship wasn't perfect, but it was a true partnership, and the way they cared for and supported each other was beautiful.

I'm a big fan of grumpy heroes as well as men who read romance novels, so the fact that Zaf was both of those things made him pretty much irresistible to me. He was like a giant teddy bear, so sweet and caring, always trying to be in touch with his emotions, supporting Dani when she needed it, and even making sure she ate and took care of herself when she went into her workaholic, absent-minded professor mode. Dani described Zaf as a "dad" at one point, which was 100% accurate and made me laugh out loud because he was trying to feed her a protein bar for breakfast around the same time.

I also appreciated that both Dani and Zaf were so close with their families. Zaf's teasing relationship with his niece, Fatima, was adorable. (I would love to know the story behind her nickname, Fluffy!) It was also great to catch up with Dani's sisters, Chloe and Eve, as well as get to know Dani's BFF, Sorcha. She seemed like an honorary Brown sister, so maybe she's a candidate for a story of her own at some point in the future? I have a feeling Sorcha would be pretty entertaining as a lead character.

Overall, "Take a Hint, Dani Brown" was a lovely book and I highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on Eve's story next!

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)