Monday, June 22, 2020

Review: Loud Mouth

Loud Mouth Loud Mouth by Avery Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Loud Mouth" by Avery Flynn was another delightful addition to the Ice Knights series, and I loved it. It reads as a complete standalone so those who have not yet picked up the earlier books in the series can jump in here with no problems. That said, the first two books were also tremendously entertaining and laugh-out-loud funny, so I highly recommend them, no matter the order in which you read them.

The main characters of this story, Shelby Blanton and Ian Petrov, were both incredibly likeable and well-developed, and I found it very easy to root for them to figure out a way to be together. Shelby was an interesting character because she was so tough on the outside with her half-shaved head and tattoos, but she was protecting a tender heart and nursing a lot of old wounds. Petrov had his share of hidden wounds too, and I think that's one of the reasons they were drawn to each other. Shelby and Petrov fought their feelings for a lot of reasons, but in the end, they just worked as a couple, and I wanted to cheer when they finally stopped fighting and realized that they would be happier together than apart.

This story was a bit more serious than the previous two books in the series, but was still quite funny and lighthearted with several scenes that made me laugh out loud. My favorite was when Petrov was forced to play babysitter for an infant on the team plane. I have to admit he did pretty well for a guy who had no experience with babies, but it was very amusing to see his frustration along the way.

Overall, "Loud Mouth" was a funny, sweet story that I highly recommend for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy, particularly those who are fans of sports/hockey romances. Hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of the Ice Knights! At the very least, I'd love to see Alex Christensen get a story of his own. ;-)

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)