Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Review: "Hiring Mr. Darcy" by Valerie Bowman

Hiring Mr. DarcyHiring Mr. Darcy by Valerie Bowman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've previously enjoyed a number of Valerie Bowman's historical romances, so I've been looking forward to picking up her new contemporary release, "Hiring Mr. Darcy." Happily, Ms. Bowman's take on Jane Austen's classic "Pride and Prejudice" more than does justice to the original. Ms. Bowman pays homage to P&P without trying to duplicate it, and the result is a funny, sweet, relatable story that I loved.

Main characters Meg and Jeremy had a ton of chemistry right off the bat, and I loved their witty banter. Their romance is definitely a slow burn, but I enjoyed the way it built until the very end. The book's secondary characters were just as likeable as Meg and Jeremy themselves, and I particularly enjoyed Mitchell the gossipy tailor with his faux-Southern accent and little dog, Ms. Julia. Meg's brother Luke was also intriguing, and I could see him being paired with Meg's best friend Ellie in a future book.

Overall, I adored this super cute, funny story and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to seeing what Ms. Bowman writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)