Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Review: Make Me Hot

Make Me Hot

Make Me Hot by Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored Ember Leigh's "Make Me Hot," book #5 of the Bayshore series. Each book in this series features one of the handsome Daly brothers and reads as a total standalone. I've read (and loved) them all, and at this point it's impossible for me to choose my favorite brother. I highly recommend the entire series for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy.

"Make Me Hot" featured a well-crafted slow burn romance between the youngest Daly brother, Maverick, and his longtime best friend, Scarlett. For a number of reasons, each of them was afraid to cross the line from friends to lovers, but their chemistry was intense from the start and I couldn't wait for them to finally act on their feelings. When they did, it was totally worth the wait! Just as things started to come together for them, however, an unexpected opportunity forced Maverick and Scarlett to make difficult choices about their future, and it seemed as if it might send them down separate paths. My heart hurt for both of them because there wasn't an easy answer that would immediately give both of them what they wanted. Fortunately, Scarlett and Maverick managed to overcome this obstacle and figure out a way to be together while they both pursued their dreams.

I'm a fan of the Great Food Truck Race on Food Network, so the food truck competition included in this story was really fun for me. The author's experience in running a food truck business came through very clearly in the story, and I enjoyed getting a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how much work goes into such an endeavor. The book's secondary characters were a lot of fun too, particularly Maverick's brothers and their wives and the other participants in the food truck competition. Maverick's new friend Kru, aka Uncle Lobster, was particularly amusing, and I hope he pops back up in the future now that he's an honorary Daly brother!

Overall, this funny, sweet, and surprisingly emotional story was a perfect late summer read. I'm very happy that the author is planning to write one more novella to wrap up this series. I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to Bayshore (or the Daly boys) yet! I look forward to seeing what Ember Leigh writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)