Friday, June 10, 2022

Review: "The Final Score" by Maren Moore

Today, I'm excited to celebrate the release of "The Final Score" by Maren Moore, book #4 of the Totally Pucked series as well as part #2 of the Scoring to Win duet. It is not a standalone, but rather should be read after book #3 of the series, "The Scorecard."
 
I've shared before that I am not a fan of cliffhangers or duets, but there are certain authors for whom I will make an exception. Maren Moore is one of those few authors, and I'm happy to report that the conclusion of Graham and Emery's story was just as satisfying as I hoped it would be. It was an emotional roller-coaster and didn't unfold at all the way I had predicted, but through it all, Graham remained as devoted to his girls as he ever was. Without a doubt, he was meant to be a family man, and the family he and Emery created was beautiful. 

I know there are future books planned for at least a couple of Graham's teammates, but I hope his sister Allie will get a story of her own too. I was also intrigued by Lane, Graham's best friend from back home in Tennessee. Honestly, I'd read an entire series set in their small town if Moore chose to write it; there seem to be plenty of fun, quirky characters to keep me entertained!
 
Overall, I loved "The Final Score" and highly recommend both books of the duet for all fans of contemporary/sports romance. I look forward to Maren Moore's next release.
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.
 
TW: Postpartum depression; cancer/breast cancer
 
 
 
About "The Final Score"

Falling in love with my brother’s teammate, the very last guy on my scorecard, was the one thing I never expected to happen.
Well, falling in love… period.
But it happened. I fell for the NHL’s rookie playboy, and together we brought our beautiful baby girls into the world.
And while our story started as a fake engagement, it turned into the most real thing I’d ever experienced.
Until everything changed in the blink of an eye, and now I have to choose between my head and my heart.

The emotional, heartfelt conclusion to Graham and Emery’s story.
This is book 2 in the Scoring to Win duet. It cannot be read as a standalone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)