Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Review: "Carlos" by Claire Hastings (part of Hot Boy Summer: A Charity Anthology)

Hot Boy Summer: A Charity Anthology
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Carlos" by Claire Hastings

The male lead of this story, Carlos Rivera, previously appeared as a secondary character in "Caught Up in You," but it works well as a standalone.

Carlos Rivera, head of maintenance for the Indigo Royal Resort in St. Thomas, finds a friendly stray dog on the beach outside the resort and impulsively decides to adopt him. His new companion is in need of medical care before Carlos can take him home, however. Enter Dr. Ashby Carver, a traveling veterinarian who works for a nonprofit focused on controlling the pet population by providing complimentary spay/neuter services. She and Carlos are immediately smitten, but unfortunately, her assignment on the island is only temporary. Is their relationship destined to be just a fling?

I really enjoyed this short, sweet, and steamy story. Even though Ashby and Carlos fell for each other quickly, I appreciated that it didn't feel like the usual kind of insta-love. They were just happy to be spending time together, and I could practically see the happy butterflies floating around them when they interacted.

I'd recommend this story for all fans of contemporary romance and can't wait to read the expanded version when Hastings releases it next year. I know it will be even better!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)