Friday, June 3, 2022

Review: "So That Happened" by Katie Bailey

Congratulations to author Katie Bailey on the release of her latest novel, "So That Happened."
 
After an awkward breakup with a co-worker forces her to quit her job, Annie Jacobs is in need of a fresh start, so when she's offered a new job in her hometown of Atlanta, she decides to take it. Unfortunately, her flight out of Boston is cancelled due to mechanical problems and she gets stuck at a crappy airport hotel for the night, along with her annoying seatmate, Liam Donovan. To make matters worse, confusion at the check-in desk has them sharing a (tiny) hotel room with only one (tiny) bed, and there are no other rooms available anywhere. Annie and Liam can't wait to go their separate ways the following morning, especially after the embarrassment of accidentally cuddling in their sleep. They're not apart for long, however; Annie arrives for the first day at her new job only to discover that Liam is her new boss.

The banter between Liam and Annie was a ton of fun, as was their unlikely friendship and eventual opposites-attract romance. Liam was a perfect cinnamon roll hero, and I loved the way he and Annie slowly opened up to each other. They accepted each other just the way they were, which was really lovely. I also loved Liam's adorable relationship with his niece Allegra (aka Legs), as well as his dynamic with his older brother Luke. Despite their frequent teasing, their love and support for each other shined through.
 
Overall, I absolutely adored this laugh-out-loud funny, sweet story and highly recommend it for all sweet contemporary and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to whatever Katie Bailey writes next! (I'm not-so-secretly hoping for Liam's sister Lana Mae's story...)
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.  
 
 
About "So That Happened"

I spent the night with a hot, grumpy stranger in an airport hotel.

No, not like that. Get your mind out of the gutter. It was just sleeping. And… maybe a little cuddling.

Long story short, I embarrassed the heck out of myself. But at least I never have to see him again.

Except the universe is clearly out to get me, because Monday morning, I arrive at my new job and who’s the first person I see?

Hot stranger himself: Liam Donovan.

AKA my new boss.

AKA Annie, you are so freaking screwed.


While the HR rulebook doesn’t explicitly say you can’t share a bed with your boss, I can read between the lines. And I need this job.

Which is why I have to pretend that night never happened. Luckily for me, sexy as Liam—excuse me, Mr. Donovan—is, he’s surly, rude and totally not my type.

Or so I keep telling myself.

Because I’m starting to think there’s a warm, gooey cinnamon roll with extra frosting lurking beneath that impressive, muscular form.

I promised I’d never choose between my career and love.

But when a scandal threatens to break, that promise could prove impossible to keep…

So That Happened is a laugh-out-loud funny, swoony, closed door romantic comedy. Expect some mild language and suggestive jokes coupled with tons of chemistry and tension, but no explicit scenes. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)