Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Review: "Big Puck Energy" by Elise Faber

Big Puck Energy

Big Puck Energy by Elise Faber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked up "Big Puck Energy" by Elise Faber expecting a pretty typical sports/hockey romance, but this story turned out to be anything but typical. I absolutely adored it!

I was captivated by Bailey and Axel's story from the moment they met, when Axel found himself naked, handcuffed, and staring down a shotgun on Bailey's front porch with no memory of how he'd gotten there. Bailey had been running her family's cattle ranch for nearly two years and struggling to get out of debt after her parents nearly ran it into the ground. Meanwhile, at 25, Axel was nearly too old to still have a shot at making it in the NHL, but he kept trying because he believed that hockey was the only thing he was good at. Unfortunately, he also had a talent for causing chaos and destruction in the small town of River's Bend. Town mayor (and Bailey's aunt) Billie Rose was determined to put a stop to his and his teammates' shenanigans by any means necessary.

While there were plenty of laugh-out-loud funny parts to this story, it was also surprisingly emotional at times. Axel and Bailey were both dealing with a lot of baggage from the past after being treated terribly by the people who should have loved them the most, but they slowly started to heal, in part because of their feelings for each other. I loved their chemistry and witty banter, as well as the hidden sweet side of Axel that began to emerge as the story progressed. He wanted nothing more than to protect and take care of Bailey, though it was difficult for her to accept his help.

The only thing I didn't like about this book was the cliffhanger ending, which I did not see coming. I can't wait for the next book in the series to find out what happens next! In the meantime, I highly recommend "Big Puck Energy" for all fans of contemporary/sports romance and romantic comedy.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)