Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Review: "Perfect Storm" by Elise Faber

Perfect Storm

Perfect Storm by Elise Faber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Architect Caleb Jackson recently moved to the small town of Stoneybrooke to be closer to his parents and siblings. He's walking out of the hospital one day after visiting his sister-in-law and new niece when he runs into a little boy and his shockingly familiar mother: Caleb's ex-girlfriend, Kim. Quickly doing the math, it's pretty easy for Caleb to figure out that 3-year-old Cole is his son. Kim hasn't had an easy time since Caleb ghosted her shortly before she learned she was pregnant, and even though she would never stand in the way of him having a relationship with his son, her own heart is off-limits. Caleb has never stopped loving her, however, and he's determined to do whatever it takes to prove that he'll never leave her or Cole again.

This story gave me all the feels! Even though Kim was hurt by Caleb's actions, I could tell how much she still loved him and wanted to believe that he was committed to her and their son. I truly admired her bravery in allowing Caleb to build a relationship with Cole despite her fear that his wealthy family would try to take her son away from her. As for Caleb, I understood why he'd left Kim even if I didn't agree with his reasons. He did a good job of showing her that he was genuinely remorseful and that he would be there for them going forward.

I highly recommend "Perfect Storm" for all contemporary romance fans and look forward to the next book in the series, which will feature Kim's friend Raven and Caleb's brother Connor.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)