Thursday, July 21, 2022

Review: "Run for Your Honey" by Staci Hart

Congratulations to Staci Hart on the release of her latest novel, "Run for Your Honey," book #3 of the Blum's Bees series. Characters from the previous books make appearances in this one, but it reads as a complete standalone. 

High school sweethearts Poppy Blum and Duke Daniels were together for four years before Duke won a full scholarship to Harvard and left town. In the twelve years since, Duke has finished college, law school, and moved to Washington, DC, earning the backing of powerful Texas senator Charlie Williams along the way. The next step in his career is a return to the small town of Lindenbach, where he plans to run for mayor - in direct competition with his ex-girlfriend. He has political aspirations much bigger than a small town mayor's race and should be willing to do anything to win, but it's tough when that involves hurting the woman who used to mean everything to him. It only gets tougher after Poppy and Duke secretly rekindle their relationship. Can he win both the mayor's race and Poppy's heart, or will he be forced to leave her behind a second time?
 
Poppy and Duke's story gave me all the feels, both because of everything that happened between them and because it's the last book in this series. The push-pull and chemistry between them was phenomenal, as was their witty banter. It took me a little while to warm up to Duke, but once I understood his background and the baggage he was carrying, I really started to empathize with him. As for Poppy, I've loved getting to know her over the course of the series, and she was even more endearing as I got to know her better in this story. I particularly loved her tenacity; no matter what Duke and his campaign threw at her, she never backed down, and for that reason alone she would have had my vote!
 
I highly recommend "Run for Your Honey" for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. Hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of Lindenbach! I'd love to read future stories about a number of secondary characters from this series, including the Blum sisters' friend Wyatt and Keaton's brothers from book 2.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.  
 

About "Run for Your Honey"

Twelve years ago, my first and only love left town and never came back.

How dare he show up now, looking like that.

And? He’s running against me for mayor.

It’s unfair, him standing there, too tall and handsome for his own good. It’s audacious that his clothes accentuate every lean, strong curve of his body. It’s universal BS that his smile makes my heart flipflop, and it’s patently un-freaking-believable that my body would betray me when he turns that gorgeous smile on me.

I’ll do whatever it takes to win, and he knows it.

But when he kisses me, all bets are off.

If I win, he leaves.

If he wins, I lose.

And either way, he breaks my heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)