Sunday, July 23, 2023

Review: "Christmas in Kiwi Country" by Alexandra Hale

Christmas in Kiwi Country Christmas in Kiwi Country by Alexandra Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When a health crisis forces him to reevaluate his priorities, Cullen Andrews realizes that he's let too much of his life pass him by while he buried himself in work. He decides to retire and move to the small town of Clementine Creek, Tennessee to be closer to his daughter Isla and her soon-to-be husband, Hank. His main concern is repairing his relationship with his daughter, but when he meets local boutique owner Gwen Slate, he can't help being immediately smitten. A year later, Cullen plans to take girlfriend Gwen on her dream trip to New Zealand, where they'll celebrate Christmas together, just the two of them. He also hopes to ask her a very special question while they're there...

I don't know how she does it, but Alexandra Hale's stories just keep getting better! I adored this charming novella, which was the perfect quick afternoon read for Christmas in July or anytime. Cullen and Gwen were a wonderful couple; I particularly appreciated how open and honest they were with each other, as well as the way Gwen helped Cullen work through the baggage of his past. I finished their story with a huge smile on my face and know I will be reading it again soon.

I highly recommend "Christmas in Kiwi Country" for all contemporary romance fans and can't wait for the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)