Thursday, July 20, 2023

Review: "Workin' on You" by Claire Hastings

Workin' On You Workin' On You by Claire Hastings
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When science teacher Sylvie Forde finds a cat about to give birth in the high school parking lot, she knows that her longtime friend, veterinarian Camden Tyler, is the perfect person to ask for help. She heads over to his office and, while waiting for the kittens to arrive, happens to mention that the robotics team she coaches is in need of another chaperone to travel to their first competition of the season. Camden jumps at the opportunity to accompany Sylvie on the trip; he's had a crush on her for years but has always been too shy to say anything, and he hopes that spending time together will help her see him in a different light. The plan seems to be working as Sylvie and Camden grow closer, but she doesn't realize that he's keeping a secret from her: He's actually "Mr. T," the robotics program's secret benefactor, with whom she's been texting for months. She feels a real connection with Mr. T and has begun to share secrets with him that are unknown to even her two closest friends. When she finally learns the truth, will she be able to forgive Camden for not telling her sooner?

I adored the first book in this series, but this one was even better. Camden and Sylvie were ridiculously cute together! I loved the way he gradually overcame his shyness as they spent more time together, as well as the way he found a place in her friend group. He didn't seem to have many (or any?) other close friends, which made me sad because he was so kind, sweet, and loyal. Their flirty, witty banter was a ton of fun, as were their interactions with the kids on Sylvie's robotics team. I particularly enjoyed Joey, the boy with a crush on Sylvie, whose efforts to win her over consistently made me laugh.

I highly recommend "Workin' On You" for all contemporary/small town romance fans and can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)