Thursday, July 20, 2023

Review: "Wood You Rather?" by Daphne Elliot

Wood You Rather? Wood You Rather? by Daphne Elliot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When the police refuse to reopen the investigation into his father's death despite new evidence uncovered by his sister, Pascal Gagnon decides to hire a private investigator to help his family prove that he was murdered. Parker Harding is the best person for the job, but after Paz's actions brought about the end of her career with the state police, she's reluctant to get involved with him again. She needs the work, however, so she packs up and heads for the small town of Lovewell, Maine. To help her gain acceptance as a newcomer to town, she poses as Paz's visiting girlfriend, which also means becoming his temporary roommate. Living and working so closely together, Paz and Parker manage to drive each other crazy (in all the best of ways) but they can't help seeing each other in a different light at the same time. Could their fake relationship turn into real love?

The first two books in this series were fantastic, but I think this one is my new favorite. I loved the way grumpy "finance bro" Pascal evolved over the course of the story, gradually turning into the sweet, caring, charming, and protective man he was always meant to be. Also, the witty banter and slow burn chemistry between him and Parker was on point, and their relationship could not have developed at a more perfect pace. Finally, I loved the elements of mystery and suspense related to the investigation into Paz's father's death and its possible connection to drug trafficking. Even though it was still clearly a rom-com, the suspenseful twists made this story unique, and I enjoyed it immensely.

I highly recommend "Wood You Rather?" for all contemporary/small town romance and romantic comedy fans and can't wait for the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)